Friday, October 17, 2008

Sfanta Parascheva

Only in Iasi, Romania, from October 5 to October 15, there is a religious festival called Sfanta Parascheva (meaning Saint Parascheva). Basically it's another religious holiday that has become another excuse to eat lots of overpriced food and buy overpriced souvenirs. But all I can say is I sure am glad I got to be here for it.

This is what the area between the Scala and Buc apartments looked like for about 6-7 days. There are still a ton of black soot marks on the ground all over the place and it smells pretty bad walking through that area.

This is what the streets looked like on the last night. I've seriously never been anywhere in my whole life where there were so many people in the streets. It was awesome.

For this photo, I'll give a shout out to Monica Thomas and Jeff Billen, the two biggest meat lovers I know. There were literally at least 20 (probably more) grills that looked just like this one all over the place.

Yeah, I like meat sometimes. But I <3 chocolate all the time.

I already ate about 1/3 of it. Lot of sausage.

These two ate more than I ever thought two girls could eat. Kinsey and Chelsea, you are impressive.

Way to go, girls.

2 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

Sfanta Parasheva sounds just like my idea of heaven. Well, if there were big slabs of cheese everywhere as well...and I made sure there were no movies anywhere nearby.

Whitney said...

How fun! Sounds like you are certainly enjoying everything Romania has to offer!