Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Grupul De Romania Cel Mai Misto!

Scala Apartment (left to right): Alicia Moulton, Rachel Montgomery, and Katie Creer (soon to be Katie Clover)

Alicia is grew up in California and New Hampshire, but her family now lives in Utah. She's a Journalism Major and is the oldest child in her family. Alicia is the most proficient Romanian speaker of the group and is seldom seen without a smile on her face.
Rachel is from Farmington, UT and is a Business Major with an emphasis in Finance. She decided to switch things up a bit by doing this internship, and it's good, too, because she's great with the little ones. She's a great cook and is always prepared for any emergency.
Katie is from Las Vegas, NV and she is. . .ENGAGED! She's also the most positive, energetic, and, enthusiastic one in the group and we were all so glad she still came despite being engaged. She's a sociology major and wants to get a masters in Social Work. She is currently in Bucharest with Robby with a possible blood clot in her left leg, so please keep her in your prayers.

This is Robby and I at Church. Robby Jarstad is from Seattle, WA and, like myself is an MFHD major. He is our facilitator, which means he has to do all the stuff that none of us would want to have to do like pay the bills, sign our time logs, help us learn the language, and have all the answers. It's funny that out of our entire group, He and I are the only MFHD majors, which is part of the department that is responsible for this internship. Robby and I live right across from the Buc girls in some lady's apartment that will be in the U.S. until the new year.

Buc Apartment: Chelsea Pace, Michelle Nardone, Kinsey Davis, and Michelle Minarchik
Chelsea is from California and I don't remember the city, but that's ok because she won't get mad. She's definitely the most easy going member of the group. She and Michelle Minarchik were roommates before coming to Romania.
Michelle N is from Hawaii and is a Psychology major. She loves to read and is the best one in our group at saving money. She, like Chelsea, is definitely really laid back and likes to keep the peace.
Kinsey is from a lot of places, but she likes to call San Diego, CA home because that's where she went to High School. We work together a lot going to apartments that are set up for orphans that don't have a lot of special needs, as a lot of the kids at the orphanage do. She is a psychology major and is definitely the "go-getter" of the group.
Michelle M. is from Indiana and talks with a funny accent sometimes. She likes to laugh and smile a lot, which makes us all just a little bit happier. She's also good to talk to about anything and is a great listener.

I thought everyone should get to know everyone I've been with for the past Month and will be with for the next 11 weeks a little bit better. We have a great group.

The title of this blog post means "The Coolest Romania Group" and is also the name of our Facebook group. Let me clarify, the name of our Facebook group is Grupul De Romania Cel Mai Misto, so it's the same as it is written in the title of this post. Except I don't think the word "mai" is capitalized. If you want to see lots of photos, each of us post our photos on the Facebook Group, so I would refer you to that if you would like to.

3 comments:

KinseyBug said...

Awww....that was so sweet! I love this post and it is way better then mine because you gave everyone their own lil summary. And if I had to say something about you it is that you keep me working out and your laugh can get anyone laughing...its awesome!

Rach said...

That was so nice of you to write about everyone! Foarte bine. However, I think I need a photo retake...I look so frumpy. haha. I love the picture of you and Robby--it was perfect!! :)

Katie said...

thank you rhett! you are so nice! i am so gald that you are here in romania with us. thanks for all that you do for the group... and thank you for keeping me in your prayers.