This is me with Cristina. She's at least a year old, probably more, and at the hospital she won't get fed much more than formula. In this photo, she's actually chewing on big piece of banana that Kinsey broke off for her. We got that banana from one of the other mothers in the room that had been nice enough to share because they know this girl has no mother or father to bring her any food other than what the hospital feeds her. This is when I had an idea.As some of you know from reading the blogs of other girls in my group, we have a small fund specifically designated for purchasing diapers to bring when we go to the hospital. After several trips to the hospital, I've realized the kids there could use a lot more than just diapers. We bring toys and balloons and bubbles to play with the kids while we're there and spend a lot of time holding the little ones. So, I was hoping that if anybody would be interested in helping, that I could offer an opportunity for anyone to contribute to a fund for not just diapers, but all the little things these kids needs that we can provide. While I'm sure we could find a way to pay for all these things ourselves, maybe you'll want to send $5-10 that we can put to good use for these kids. I hope no one feels obligated, but if you want to help out, that would be great too.
Michelle N. and I are helping Costel, a cocky little 13 year old kid that got hit by car. He's pretty funny, I'm pretty sure he stole that cap he's wearing out of one of the nurse's rooms. The little guy trailing behind us is Marian. He's actually one of the kids from the orphanage that is currently staying at the hospital. He's only like 2 years old, but still more charismatic than I'll ever be. He's just so excited and enthusiastic all the time, he's a celebrity on the 3rd floor and everyone loves him. Notice his little bonnet. More Romanian culture, for you. That also goes along with the "currant" idea that I mentioned before. Basically, kids will get sick if air or wind blows threw their ears, so they must be covered at all times. Any time we go outside with the kids, they have to wear full on beanies to cover their heads. So, if you have some loose change to send, you can send it to:
Rhett Billen - Orphans
13391 Anawood Way
Westminster, CA 92683

No comments:
Post a Comment