Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Why Is it Called a Blog, Anyway?

Well, I finally decided to sign up for one of these things. Right now I'm sitting in the kitchen of my apartment picking up a signal from the beloved unsecured Franco router from my dad's ancient laptop that I like to call the dinosaur. Good old Franco. Romania is a great place. Trust me, I would know. I've been here over 24 hours. But seriously, I can definitely see how I'll learn to love being here. We won't start at the orphanage for another week or so, so it'll be nice to have time to get to know our way around and learn all the key phrases we'll need on a day to day basis. There is a small LDS branch here that we will make up half the congregation of in the coming weeks. We'll be going to Outreach tonight in a little bit, which is something like mutual. Hopefully I'll get to post some photos later on. But until then, la revedere!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Rhett! How exciting! I will be following your Romania trip just like I followed your last world adventure. I can't wait to hear about all your crazy and fun experiences!

Austin and Sara said...

Ya... I remember how she followed the other trip... "My Precious" haha. She can't read this can she? Like my crazy Aunt that was talking trash on this thing on our blog! You remember that? Anyway. Post some pictures of you climbing random telephone poles will ya? And I also want a picture of your apartment. And a picture of a romanian hot gymnist super model so i can show it to dirk. Oh and its called a blog.. Biographic Logistical opportunity granted. Thats what BLOG stands for. It gives freedom to anybody who wants the opportunity to write about themselves from anywhere in the world. Hence... Biographic Logistical Opportunity Granted. Suprised you didn't know that...

Genna said...

Hey BFF! I'm so glad you have a blog now so that we can be blog friends! I'm adding you to my friend list!

Anonymous said...

just like me!