Sorry it's taken me so long to finish this post. We've been back from Budapest for a week already and we only have 4 weeks left, so we're pretty busy trying to get everything everything done that we need to. Like, our Brigance tests with the kids and our Cultural Proofs, plus we have to go in and file for an extension on our 90 day permission to be here. Plus our internet isn't always the most reliable. But I'll try to keep the updates coming.
So, Thursday: We slept in again (like we did every day except Tuesday when Robby and I had to go pick up the girls). We decided to go to some of the Thermal Baths. There are a quite a few in Budapest, so we didn't want to miss out on that. On our way there we picked up our $2 tickets to see the Opera that night, then went and relaxed in the saunas and steam rooms and thermal pools.

These guys know how to have a good time.

Probably the only time the underwater capability of my (Austin and I's) camera will come in handy while I'm here. But you never know. . .

Fortunately it was a nice day outside. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice the weather was the whole time we were in Budapest. These baths we went to were cool because they had different indoor and outdoor pools, and then different types of saunas and steam rooms to go to inside, as well.

After the baths we went and visited the "House of Terror", which is the former Nazi and KGB headquarters in Budapest. It's called the "House of Terror" because of all the executions and extreme interrogation methods that were used there. It was pretty interesting. I'm not sure what this bike was doing hanging from the ceiling, but I thought this was good photo opportunity.

I realized that Opera is not my favorite thing. But at least I get to say I've been to an Opera in Hungary. Plus, the opera house was really pretty inside, and from what I understand, it's cheaper to see the inside by buying cheap seats than to take a tour.

My last gyro at near the train station in Budapest. I had two and they were soooooooooo good. Right now, if you asked me what my favorite food was, I'd say a beef gyro.
We left Friday afternoon and got back into Romania that evening, but had a stopover in Cluj waiting for our sleeper train back to Iasi. All in all, it was a great trip and I had a lot of fun, but it's been good to be back with the kids and be working again back here in Iasi.
5 comments:
that beef gyro, almost looks as good as that beef burrito we had that one time. if i were there would you offer me a bite? i dont think you would..i'm pretty sure you've learned you lesson.
Better than the Kababs in Sydney?? C'mon
HEY, THOSE GYROS LOOK GET! GLAD YOU HAD A NICE TIME IN BUDAPEST, I WANT TO GO THERE AND GET IN ONE OF THOSE THERMAL POOLS, GOOD PICS, AND NICE SHOUT-OUT TO WHITNEY TOO. CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WILL BE HOME IN FOUR WEEKS, CAN'T WAIT!
LOVE - DAD
SO FUN!!! Hey can I get some of those pics from you:) I love the old men playing chess, classic
ok honestly, that beef concoction = disGUSTing! Bleck! (Ryan would totally disagree w/me, but hey to each their own). But yeah, the rest of the pics rock! Jealous of the soaking!
Post a Comment